Wednesday, June 8, 2011

She works hard...

We are all working hard around here these days!  Grant is on the platform, ready to board the smile train. Preston and I are up to crazy antics trying to be the first to get the first real smile.  Not a "yeah, I am full smile," or "yeah, I am so sleepy smile."

We want the real deal.  We want him to smile at us because he thinks we are funny.  We have made faces, tickled him, "ate" his cheeks, played peek-a-boo. No dice yet, but it is coming.  I can feel it.  He almost smiled at me the other night right after I finished changing his diaper, and hadn't fed him yet.  Then he realized he was hungry, and the moment left us.

He is also becoming more aware through the days, and is spending more time with his eyes open, and less time snoozing away. He will stare at me with no expression while I will him to smile for at least half an hour before he realizes that I am holding him, and he is not eating. 

This all reminders at how fast this one is growing up.  Before I know it, I will be painting over sized boxes for preschool, so he can ride on a parade float. In the 90 plus degrees that has been our day. Thinking I got my first taste of sunburn for the summer for that one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...