Friday, June 3, 2011

Three weeks

It is amazing at the speed that three weeks can travel.  The last three weeks at this house have been busy.  We have had four T-Ball games, lots of visitors, a birthday, an anniversary, a trip to the beach for a concert, a cookout for memorial day, strawberry picking, Pump-It-Up, a preschool graduation and picnic, several play dates, and a new baby along for the ride.

We have gone from this:

To this:


He has already started changing. He is getting chubby cheeks. Some new rolls on his arms.  His legs are looking less like twigs. He is becoming more aware and sleeping less.  The proof is sitting at my feet now checking out the living room.

I can't believe that we are approaching a month already. I am pretty sure the only reason that my hospital bag has already been unpacked is because I had to use it to pack for the beach. I will say though, that bag hasn't been unpacked yet. 

Where did the last three weeks go? Into hundreds of pictures and memories.  I am determined to document my boy's lives better. I want to remember. Brandon thinks this might be our last child (the thought makes me tear up.) If that is the case, I am going to soak it all up. These lives are too precious.

I am celebrating that we have survived the last three weeks that were overflowing with activity. I know we didn't rush through Preston's first three like this.  There was a lot more sitting around and cuddling. With a three year old though, there is much less time to sit and cuddle.  For now I am using rest time to my full advantage.  So is Grant- he uses that time to pig out like no other. I will take it though.  It is probably the only time he gets to eat without interruption.

I plan to reflect on the last three weeks more on Sunday.  It will be June 5th, Grant's actual expected date.  I was hoping that since he came three weeks early, he would be the one to help me be early, but if not early, maybe closer to on-time. He has done the opposite, but its okay, for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...