Sunday, August 14, 2011

Lets Go, Go, Go, On an adventure...

Ever watch Cat and the Hat on PBS? If so you now have the song stuck in your head for the rest of this glorious day! Brandon does this to me at least twice a week, and I go around all day humming it. Next time you see me, ask and I will sing the whole thing for you!
I love this, it looks like they are in cahoots.

We have been here, there and everywhere the past couple weeks. We started with a whirlwind trip to Richmond to visit our new grown-up Aunt B. She is now a working woman, and we hardly get to talk anymore. I miss her, so we picked up and invaded her house for two days. It was the busiest two days though.

We exhausted ourselves with a trip to Maymont Park. It is a must see for little kids, we will have to go back when it is a little cooler and I have another set of hands.






This kid can find a great stick anywhere.

"This is my greatest stick, Mommy."

The fast shoes

We wined (they should offer it) and dined at Chuck E. Cheese. It is one of those things parents should let their children do once. And once is more than enough to last a lifetime.


We hit up their Children's Museum. It was an over sized version of ours. Still fun, but didn't accomplish the sleep I was hoping for on the drive home.


He is my little trooper.

I don't understand the draw to these, but all kid's museums have them.

He was kind enough to get me some coffee.

Obviously apple picking was very serious business.

Then we made a new record time of taking four hours to drive 143 miles that should have taken more like two hours.

Six days later we hit the road again for my annual family reunion with my sisters and mom. We all do our best to go to the Kenny Chesney concert every year at Virginia Beach. One of us was missing in San Diego this year, but we picked up a new little four year old that went like gang busters until Kenny hit the stage.






We stayed in our usual campground in the usual pop-up, and discovered lots of new fish in the canal surrounding us this year.

Preston has a new love for kayaks and the ocean. He defeated every wave that our arms would hold him up to kick and make bubbly.  He even caught a few on the boogie boards. Yay, I have a beach bum!






We topped off the beach trip with Croup and a very long night. Thank goodness for extremely helpful Walgreen's pharmacists, that will offer to let you hold your child's face in front of a freezer to help open his airways.

As I type this after the busiest week of the summer I have a three month and one day old babe snoozing at my feet in his boppy pillow. It is good to be home. This week will be our last before the last year of preschool, and I want to be still in our home, but at the same time I want to soak up the last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...