Friday, June 17, 2011

We made it!

We have been wrapping things up around here lately, and I haven't had the time to put them into words. Our biggest most current milestone was momma and two littles by ourselves for two days.

Brandon went to see some golf game. U.S. Open anyone? He has been pining for this for years, at least since the last time it was this close to home. He bought the tickets back at the beginning of the year. When I was still pregnant and a mother to only one. I told him to go. Obviously I thought all babies were angels like Preston. Grant has a very different way of handling things.  Not bad, just different. He likes to rule. Brandon had fun, I got one shower, and saw every hour of the night Wednesday night. We are all in one piece (well, except for the Tahoe, darn power steering gear, more on our adventure later.) We played with friends, took in a movie, got some groceries, went to story time, and fell asleep in the car twice.  Not me- Preston. Dad is home now, and all is well.

We have also wrapped up T-Ball season. This is very bittersweet for me. It really cramped our style, taking over every weekend, killing plans, rooting us at home. Now we are free to go again, and we owe Preston a trip to the zoo.  However, once he "got it" he had a good time running after the ball in the pack of kids.  They learned some T-Ball basics from Coach Crawford, and a little bit of tackle football, too. I loved watching them all run after the ball, and when they got close enough, at least three of them falling on it.



It was fun to see Preston get situated at home plate to hit one outta the park, hitting the plate with his bat, egging the pitcher on. Even if he did use the Tee seventy-five percent of the time. He made a good buddy that is teaching him all about being five. We are trying to find a day to have them over for dinner. I need to change the smoke alarm batteries first though because his dad is a fireman. Safety first.



We finished out the season with trophies and ice cream at the local ice cream stand. The kids loved it, and made a huge mess of the table because it was close to 100 degrees, and they were half eating half playing.



We wrapped up our first year of preschool just after Grant made his grand entrance. The end of year program was one of the sweetest things I have seen. His teachers are amazing with the things they can convince these twenty children to do. Preston sang and danced. In front of a church full of people. I held my emotions together really well, probably because I was no longer pregnant. I made it all the way to the goodbye song.  As the kids sang; "Oh, it's time to say goodbye to all  our friends, gooood-byyyee." The tears flowed. For a year passed, for new accomplishments, for a growing child, but mostly for the fear that I wouldn't hear the song again. Sweet Miss Keri informed me that I was crazy and I had another year. I love his teachers.



We are now going to enjoy our lazy summer, and let schedules go by the wayside. We are going to linger in the backyard later, skip a few rest times to play longer, lounge at the pool as long as a certain little babe will allow. We are going to enjoy the few truly hot months that we are blessed with, and soak up the warmth, to get us through the long winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...