Monday, April 25, 2011

Hokie Bird and Cankles

What a great weekend!  It was perfect!  I got to see my younger sister, who got great news literally minutes after I arrived... I am going with that I am their good luck! I ate mexican Friday night at the fancy mexican restaurant that they have by them.  Best part? No heartburn from it!  I might need another one of those extra large burritos again soon.  Wonder if she will bring me one when she comes home this weekend...



We had great weather Saturday for VT's Spring game and festival.  Preston loved the festival, and had a great time. Even said that he had a great, really big day! While sitting in the tub after a long ride home he told me that there wasn't any parts of the day he didn't like.  I felt like high-fiving myself.  He is going through a very moody phase, and I don't recall him pouting at all until we had been in the car for close to two hours and no nap. 



The Spring festival is a new must for us.  It was ridicuously hot, but we got to see the Hokie Bird, and the Hokie Warriors.  Some kids that took a bunch of random items and made costumes that look a lot like robots. Then there was the Easter egg hunt... Not sure that we will try to do that again, as I feared that we might lose our child, but Preston managed to come away with one egg. After the eggs were all gone (in seriously 30 seconds) I paused and looked around at the chaos.  I noticed several kids crying looking for their parents.  It scared the daylights out of me, and I wanted to help them, but at the same time, I was running to keep up with my three year old.  Preston was happy with his lone egg and the Jolly Rancher and Chewy candy that it held. 



He is such a trooper.  We were on our feet and going from 11am until well after 3pm in the hot sun. He didn't whine or complain until he got hungry at sometime after 3:00.  So we got to see the new quarterback for a little, climb a thousand stairs, get slightly sunburned, and figure out that will cause me to start labor again! Once the belly started acting up, we hightailed out of there, and everything managed to settle once I cooled off.  I know what I am doing in two weeks though.  Finding a large amount of stairs and the hot sun.  maybe I should be a good wife though and wait until the day before Brandon's birthday... We'll see how miserable I am!



I will say though that if anyone goes to Blacksburg, and they run across my ankles, I am missing them dearly, and could they please bring them home.  I am not a fan of the cankles that I somehow swapped them out for. Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. I really love reading your blog =) I hope you don't think I am a TOTAL stalker

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carly- I am glad that you like it! I worry that it is too boring and we aren't that interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...