Monday, April 18, 2011

Bunny Hop

We are starting the morning with the bunny hop. I wish he would let me take his picture. One of the ears on the bunny headband has lost it's footing and is flopping. I told Preston it added character when he whined about them not working.

We had a quiet weekend, other than a quick party at Pump It Up, we didn't leave the house.  It was nice to be still. It felt like we didn't accomplish much, but now that I think about it, we got a lot done.

We weeded one of the flower beds. I say we, when it was really Brandon slaving over the weeds, and Preston and I did our best to distract. I think he even said that he attempted at planting grass in all the dead spots.  Our yard is the white trash of the neighborhood. It doesn't help that our neighbors keep theirs immaculate, making ours look that much worse!  I feel bad that I am not able to help out at all because I know Brandon is worn out from all the extra work inside and out. 

Saturday was a day of rain and rest.  Forced R&R. There were terrible storms that were laced with tornado warnings.  I saw on the news this morning that they did confirm a tornado south of us! Preston slept through the worst of it. Yes, I said slept!  The child took a NAP!!!! I don't know how it happened because I was asleep myself, Brandon must have the magic touch! He did it again on Sunday... Not sure what is happening around here, but two days in a row is huge!

Back to our accomplishments, we were lazy as they come.  We skipped bath Friday night because we were too busy with friends until after bedtime.  So we started the day with a bath.  I think this child will go to high school taking baths.  He is certain that he hates a shower.  Pretty sure he has only tried it once, but he is sure. While he swam in the tub, I managed to get up the wooden circles in the nursery!  I love them! It is exactly what I expected!

The biggest accomplishment of the day though was, we FINALLY decided on a name! Drum roll, please!!! We are going with Grant Richard. We broke the news to Preston, and his response? Nothing short of disappointment.  I think the words were "No, I don't like Grant." It has started. His protest to this baby. He informed us that he preferred Thomas.  Then William. Then Preston 2. He has no real reason for not liking Grant, just doesn't. Hope he gets over it, we had a hard enough time getting to Grant.

As for Sunday, we made it to church, almost on time. A birthday party, almost on time, and then home for naps. I did find the energy to pack up the china cabinet so it can be taken in to have the glass replaced that was sacrificed in a moment of growing independence several weeks ago. I didn't realize how many wine glasses I had. I have my favorites, and made sure to wrap those very carefully. So help me if I ever have to do it again for number two.

So maybe we did get a lot done this weekend.  Maybe we will get ready in time for this little brother, Grant. Baby steps. We are down to three weeks until operation delivery begins.  I have been eyeing the exercise ball in the basement.  I should probably find some time to clean up the strollers, so in three weeks, I can push Preston all over Broadway.  I still need a few things in the nursery, but they are on their way. 

Finishing this post with some T-Ball pictures. Had nothing to do with this weekend, but I had to add them.





1 comment:

  1. I Love the name !!!! and I think we need some pictures of the nursery! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...