Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Growth

I have been out of touch lately. My computer battery is on its last leg, and we only get 30 minutes out of a charge at a time, so with everything else that is required, blogging is coming in last.

Fall is in full swing. It was rainy and cold the last couple week, and has had us indoors more than normal. I pulled out my big pot and made some good homemade veggie soup, when it all started. Last week we had another taste of summer, so I decided to pull out the stroller and head for the park.

I was instantly surprised by the heat. It had to have been pushing high 80s. I was instantly sweaty, and regretting the decision to walk. We had dinner at church, I was going to need to allow time to shower when we got home.

Who knew the trays were to rest your feet on?
It was good to play at the park though. It was good to get some use out of my muscles, and have the slight tinge the next day. I wish I had taken more time to walk the babes around this summer. I have been lazy though. I think back to the days that I did daycare, and I would schlep FOUR kids in a wagon and carrier all the way to the park, library, where ever just to get some fresh air in their lungs.

We had a low key weekend this weekend with friends coming to watch football and play. It rained and has maintained a cool 60-70 degrees. So much for a long hot fall! 

Grant is onto new things, and is getting on his side these days, but any hint of his stomach touching and flops back over. He has no desire to lay on his stomach and hold up his big egg.

He has also found a love for books, and we now have family bedtime stories. It amazes me at the involvement he has in the books.


Grant's achievements and change are so much more obvious. Preston is more subtle in his growth. He is growing up and turning into an independent little boy and no longer my baby. Just this morning, he decided that he could write his name by himself in preschool, and wouldn't take the entire craft time to do it. I was so proud of him. We had taken away TV and were shoving it down his throat and getting nowhere. Last night we decided we would back off, and just give it time, and it worked! My husband can be so smart sometimes! I should also add, that the name was perfect. I don't mean to brag, but every letter was just as it should be, all in a line and the same size. Imagine that!

Grant's first secret house.
Also, if you could please pray that Grant soon gets over whatever is causing him to be such a grump for the last three weeks, I would really appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...